Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) offers customers the ability to offload the management, replenishment, and delivery of materials to their jobsite, warehouse or factory to Mars Electric. VMI saves you time and labor.
Focus on the job, not the materials for the job
When you use VMI, your team can spend more time focusing on the job instead of checking inventory, shopping, negotiating, and coordinating multiple deliveries.
On your jobsite, at the warehouse or factory
VMI is available wherever you’re working. We offer different material handling options whatever your facility or job requires.
Dedicated VMI Specialists
A dedicated VMI specialist will become part of your team. Your specialist will manage inventory multiple times a week, help with material layout and shelving, and assist with any changes to your VMI.
Specially Designated VMI Delivery Trucks
Our fleet includes delivery trucks dedicated to VMI. These vehicles are driven by your VMI specialist. That means they’re familiar with the processes and layout of your VMI jobsite.
How It Works
- Establish VMI bill of material with required minimum and maximum inventory levels.
- Determine visitation routines, frequency of deliveries, and replenishment of materials.
- Review material handling and storage options including job boxes, pipe carts, fixture carts, and job trailers.
- Label VMI products with Mars Electric Inventory Management barcodes.
- Initiate counts and rapid replenishment per job site
Your VMI specialist is available to assist throughout a project with any changes to your VMI.
- Save time.
- Save labor.
- Focus on the job, not the material for the job.
To learn more about VMI contact your sales representative or call us at 440-946-2250.
Please share your contact information and we’ll contact you to discuss VMI for your next project.